Lotz is a software developer who is at home in many programming languages and on very different platforms. His expertise extends from programming applications by way of embedded software engineering and controlling installations to networks.
Lotz discovered his passion for programming when he was nine and he taught himself the basics using a handbook and an English dictionary. He completed an apprenticeship as computer programmer and worked freelance for many years before joining iart in 2010.
In his free time, Lotz works more or less intensely on Haiku, an open-source project that is building and developing an operating system modeled on BeOS, and he is also interested in everything that can be controlled by a computer: 3D printers, CNC milling, robotics, and so on.
- Hansel & Gretel at Park Avenue Armory in NYC - The Media Installations in the Drill Hall
- The British Pavilion for Expo 2017 Astana
- Light Frieze - New Building for the Kunstmuseum Basel
- Paul Gauguin at the Fondation Beyeler - The Multimedia Room of the Exhibition
- The Kinetic Facade of the MegaFaces Pavilion - Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
- Coca-Cola Beatbox Pavilion - London 2012 Summer Olympics
- Great Council of the Canton of Basel-Stadt - The Electronic Voting System
- Universe of Particles - Permanent Multimedia Exhibition at CERN
- The Facade of the Swiss Pavilion at the Expo 2010